Where we offer our products for sale online or by phone, you must read the applicable Conditions of Sale, which will govern the terms and conditions of any such purchases made in this way.
3. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect the information from you as detailed below:
- In order to make a purchase with us, you will be given the option to register on the website or purchase as a guest. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (your name, e-mail address). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Jimbag Ltd to provide you with the services you select;
- When you purchase products online or by phone, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you visit our website or contact the our concierge by telephone. Please note that phone calls will on occasion be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with Jimbag Ltd via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our website, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below;
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfil purchase, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales and concierge services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure; and
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact us” below). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION THAT WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
First party cookies, served directly by Jimbag Ltd to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by Jimbag Ltd to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Platform, such as Google analytics and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. We use both 'session cookies' and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
Cookies necessary for essential purposes: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
Functional Cookies: These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of this Platform. For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
Performance Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platform. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the platforms that referred them to our Platform and the pages that they visited on our Platform. We use this information to help run our Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platform.
Advertising Cookies:When you visit our Platform or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Platform these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
Social Cookies: These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social media and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
HOW TO CONTROL OR DELETE COOKIES
We will collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address and location. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting and financial purposes. This information is anonymised and we do not share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
Some of the services that we provide are able to use information about your location. For these services, which are typically available on mobile devices or applications, you are provided with the opportunity to provide your consent to the use of location services, which, for example, process information deriving from GPS, sensors, beacons or Wi-Fi access points in order to allow you to benefit from a more personalised service. Your device will have settings that allow you to turn off these services should you no longer wish to benefit from them.
6. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share personal information about you with other people except under the following circumstances:
- we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services required in order for us to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”;
- we will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We have implemented standard contractual clauses to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your information where it is transferred to outside the European Economic Area. Where we share your information with a third party service provider outside of the European Economic Area, we contractually oblige the third party service provider to implement adequate safeguards to protect your information.
8. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.
9. RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our purposes, and in particular to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we sought your consent to process your personal information and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will delete your personal information.
If you request that we no longer send you direct marketing communications, we will keep a record of your request and contact details to ensure that your request is respected.
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. In some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information or a restriction of its use.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information in some cases. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Jimbag Ltd marketing e-mails.
If you have a concern about how we use your information, as a first step please contact us using the details set out below and we will do our best to resolve your concern. After investigating your concern, we will respond to you in writing within a reasonable time setting out our proposed remedial action. If you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights you also have the right to complain to a European Data Protection Authority in your place of residence or work, or the jurisdiction in which the processing took place.
8 Lower Byrom St